If power fails in your area, follow the instructions below:
- Notify the Management Office at 703-322-9650. The power failure may be localized to your floor, so do not assume the building already knows of the failure.
- If your phone system is not operating due to the power outage, try to use a cellular phone to call the office.
- Do not try to take the stairs or the elevator to get to the Management Office.
- Open draperies and raise blinds to let in outside light. If there is adequate lighting from windows, continue performing assignments as well as possible.
- If you are instructed to evacuate, lock all areas.
- Do not congregate in lobby areas or in the street.
- If you are trapped in an elevator during a power failure, use call button and wait for assistance. Your elevators will cease operation, but WILL NOT FALL. Do not force open the doors. DO NOT PANIC.
- The Management Office will attempt to advise you regarding the length and cause of the power failure as soon as possible.