Unfortunately, this has become a growing concern at American places of business. Cushman & Wakefield’s recommendations are based on the OSHA suggested Workplace Violence Prevention Program, which are on the following pages.
Remember during any crime, people's safety comes first. If you see a crime taking place, follow these guidelines.
- Never put yourself in potential danger.
- Report the crime to the Management Office and the Police Department. Try and be specific when describing the crime: what happened, where did it happen, who did it, when did it happen?
- Make sure and get a good look at the suspect. Try to remember height, weight, age, sex, race and any distinguishing features.
- Do not try and apprehend the suspect. The person may be carrying a weapon.
- Do not follow the suspect outside the building.
- If someone was injured during the crime, call 911 and request an ambulance. Then call the Management Office at 703-322-9650.