Chemical accidents would include tank truck accidents involving large quantities of toxic gases. Should such an accident occur, the following actions should be taken:
- Report suspicious odors to the Building Management Office.
- Remain in place unless the spill is from within the office space. Leaving the premises into a more concentrated hazardous environment could result in a more concentrated exposure.
- Telephone the Fairfax County Fire Department and the Building Management Office giving full particulars.
- If evacuation becomes necessary follow the attached Evacuation Procedures.
- While evacuating move crosswind typically north or south, never up or down wind, avoid fumes.
- Render first aid if it becomes necessary.